Transplanting your Spinach plants
- When the plants are 6 – 8 cm tall they are ready to plant outside.
- Take them outside and water them well.
- Push from the bottom of the module up to ease the compost and plants out of the module.
- You should see the roots of the plant holding the compost together.
- Spinach is best planted where it will get some shade to stop them ‘running to seed' which means they grow very quickly and produce their seed before you have a chance to ‘harvest' or pick the leaves.
- Make a hole wide and deep enough to plant the spinach plant in.
- Place the spinach plant in the hole and fill in the hole with soil. Press the soil down around the spinach plant.
- Plant the rest of the spinach plants 15cm apart. If you are planting more rows make sure they are at least 30cm apart.