Transplanting your Pea plants
- When the plants are about 8cm high they are ready to plant outside.
- Take them outside and water them well.
- Push up from the bottom of the module to ease the compost and plants out of the module.
- You should see the roots of the plant holding the compost together.
- Make a hole wide and deep enough to plant the pea plant in.
- Place the pea plant in the hole and fill the hole with soil. Press the soil down around the pea plant.
- Plant the rest of the peas so they are 5cm apart, if you are planting another row make sure the rows are at least 15cm apart.
- Once all the peas have been planted then push a pea stick into the ground next to each plant. Pea sticks need to be
about 1.2m tall and it is best if they can be ‘twiggy' as this makes it easier for the pea plants to get hold of the stick.